News

10 de February de 2025

Sem categoria

Viva o Esporte teams stand out at the Brazilian Beach Volleyball Circuit in Navegantes-SC

The first round of the Brazilian Open Beach Volleyball Circuit (CBVP), held in Navegantes-SC from February 5 to 9 for the adult category, brought great achievements for the athletes of the Viva o Esporte project, run by the Ramacrisna Institute in partnership with Betim City Hall. The duo Emanuely Pereira Cardoso and Quemile Vieira de Souza, representing the city of Betim in Minas Gerais, came third in the competition.

Already qualified for the main tournament, Manu and Quemile showed a high level of play. In the semi-final, they lost 2 sets to 1 to Andressa (PB) and Tainá (SE), but secured the bronze medal by winning the third-place match 2 sets to 1 against Teresa (DF) and Beatriz (DF). “We’re very happy to start the 2025 season on the right foot, bringing a medal to the project. Now we have to continue the work and the evolution of our team. Last year we were in Qualifying and this year starting in the main event has made all the difference. We’re gradually reaping the rewards of this work. Now it’s back to Minas and more training to achieve all our goals. ”, celebrates Manu.

The coach of the women’s team, Giuliano Sucupira, commented on the athletes’ performance. “Manu and Quemile put in an excellent performance. Achieving a podium in the first round shows that we’re on the right track. We’re confident and looking forward to the next stage,” he said.

Two other women’s pairs were also present at the competition: Sarah and Samira, and Rafaela and Maria Luiza, who, despite not advancing, put in an important performance, gaining experience for the next stages.

In the men’s singles, Alex, who played alongside Brendow, from Mato Grosso, overcame the Qualifying round with two impressive victories. In the first match, he won 2 sets to 1, and in the second he secured qualification with a 2-0 win. In the main tournament, despite their dedication, the pair ended up eliminated after two defeats. This was Alex’s second qualification for the main tournament, showing his progress in the competition.

For the coach of the men’s team, Guilherme Silva, the athletes’ participation in the CBVP was fundamental for the team’s technical and strategic growth. “The athletes have trained tirelessly and dedicated themselves to getting this far. With each stage, we gain more experience and confidence. The expectations for the next competitions are the best,” he said.
Alex also celebrated his performance and highlighted his excitement for the next stages: “The circuit has only just begun and we’re really looking forward to this year, which promises to be very positive. We’ll keep dedicating ourselves to achieving good rankings and bringing pride to our city”, said the athlete.

Under-19s take to the court in Navegantes

The competition in the Under-19 category began on Sunday, February 9, with the participation of three pairs from the Viva o Esporte project. In the men’s section, Davi and Samuel and Igor and Arthur played in the Qualifying round, but unfortunately failed to qualify for the main tournament. Despite their elimination, the players showed great progress and determination on the court.
In the women’s opening match on Monday (10), Helena (Viva o Esporte) and Jéssica (Mackenzie) put in an excellent performance and beat the team from Mato Grosso 2 sets to 0, advancing in the competition.

With a promising start to the season, the Viva o Esporte athletes remain focused and determined to achieve better results in the next stages of the Brazilian Beach Volleyball Circuit.

Next stages

The next stages of the CBVP have already been scheduled. Between April 2 and 6, the competition will be held in Saquarema, Rio de Janeiro. The third stage will be hosted by Brasília and will take place between April 23 and 27.

Another four men’s and four women’s pairs are expected to represent the Viva o Esporte project in these stages.

share:

Receba nossas notícias